Stalking, Shooting, Fishing
Scotland is one of the most visited countries in the world for stalking, shooting, and fishing. Most people come for the stags but there are also opportunities to hunt wild boar, Hares and much more. Here at Inverskilavulin we can organise an adventure of a lifetime fishing and/or hunting, providing luxurious and comfortable accommodation, with exquisite food and wine, in typical Scottish tradition. Every year we host a fantastic dinner party at the main residence for our stalkers, filled with Scottish music, French-Scottish fusion cuisine, and some Scottish Dancing, featuring local music artists who play the bagpipes and fiddle live. To see photos of some of these memories, please click here or visit the media page for the photo gallery.
There are several fantastic stalking and shooting estates, as well as great fishing locations near Inverskilavulin Estate.
- The stalking season begins around the 15th Sept and lasts until the 15th Oct.
- Fishing is all year round
Requirements for stalking
- You must be in excellent physical condition or the gamekeeper/gillie may ask you to stop stalking.
- You must have good shooting experience. The gamekeeper will take you onto a shooting range before beginning your stalking. If you do not succeed at hitting the bullseye of the target at least once out of three shots, you may not be allowed to go stalking.
Other things to note:
- The estates that run the stalking generally provide rifles and ammunition themselves, which is included in the price that you will be quoted. You may also bring your own equipment; although it is not recommended as there are many checks and procedures involved with the police and gamekeepers should you wish to do so, which may make your experience lengthy and tiresome.
- Please note that if you would like to book a stalking week in the Highlands through Inverskilavulin, you must enquire by December of the previous year. This is due to high demand for stalking and organisational reasons with the gamekeepers. Please book as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Clay Pigeon Shooting
There are a few clay pigeon shooting locations near Inverskilavulin. Please find the links below with drive time to each location.
- http://www.crombieclayshooting.co.uk/ 15 mins drive
- https://thebigshoot.co.uk/en/venue/oVenue-7637_oVenAct-5 (Newtonmore Branch) 45 mins
- http://www.quadbiketours.co.uk/clay-pigeon-shooting 45 mins