Job Vacancy – Assistant Manager (Full-time)
Introduction to the role
A full-time responsible, trust-worthy, and all-rounder Assistant Manager to undertake housekeeping and administration tasks. The candidate should be a motivated and committed individual that works well in a team and has strong attention for detail. All necessary equipment and training will be provided. This is a performance-based contract in line with our guest reviews, quality control, and general performance on the job.
Administration – Reservations & Light Marketing (all year). The candidate is responsible for:
- Coordination and supervision of reservations (booking.com; Airbnb; homeaway; tripadvisor, private bookings, syncbnb).
- Use of Microsoft Teams as an internal calendar and filing system for reservations and other work planning.
- Light social media marketing (at least bi-weekly posts) and the occasional blog writing.
- Updating content on our Wordpress website (ad-hoc).
- Timely guest liaison.
- Taking payments.
- All of the above is in close liaison with the owners who direct the cleaning rota, contractors, pricing, marketing strategy, and other general management/strategy.
Housekeeping (Ad-hoc). The candidate is responsible for:
- Deep cleaning and preparation of all lodges on the estate, including: bedrooms, bathrooms (shower, bath, WC, sink floors, walls etc), kitchens (surfaces, appliances, utensils, floors, walls), living and dining areas, and common areas (indoor and outdoor).
- Indoor and outdoor window cleaning in all units (professional support outsourced for larger and higher window jobs).
- Outdoor (power) washes on terraces and all other necessary outdoor surfaces.
- Hot tub cleaning (training provided).
- Indoor touch-up wall painting (outsourced for larger jobs if needed).
- N.B. We have a support team of housekeepers.
Laundry (Ad-hoc). The candidate is responsible for:
- Collecting, counting, delivery and pick-up of bed linen and towels from the launderette.
- In-house collection, washing, drying and ironing of some lodge materials such as tea towels, bed runners, valances, blankets, pillows, cushions etc. Some items may require hand washing.
Special occasions (All on ad-hoc request basis). The candidate may be responsible for:
- Assistance with the occasional food and beverage service (table service, waiting, cooking, guest coordination, set-up assistance).
- Assistance looking after the owners’ cat and or dog when they are away.
- Right to work in the UK.
- Ownership of a car and valid driving license.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English.
- Good communicator with high degree of professionalism.
- Hospitality and client facing role experience.
- Professional cleaning experience.
- Proficiency with computers. Mainly MS office, and filing.
- Experience using social media.
- Experience working as a team.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
Desirable (but not required) Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent course.
- Experience creating social media content and connections (photos, videos, stories, highlights) across platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok.
- Knowledge of the local area (Lochaber, Highlands).
- Advanced experience using Microsoft Teams and Word, and host accounts on booking.com, Airbnb, VRBO/Homeaway, Tripadvisor Rentals, Syncbnb.
- Photography experience/interest (preferably landscape, nature, animals).
- Handy work experience (light plumbing, electrical, painting etc).
- Strimming experience/qualification.
- Private water supply maintenance experience (UV light and filtration system).
- Gardening/landscaping experience.
- Painter/decorator experience.
Package & Benefits
- A competitive package commensurate with experience.
- 28 days annual leave.
- A dual sim smart phone with contract and laptop.
Introduction to the Estate
Inverskilavulin Estate is nestled away in the heart of the Scottish Highlands, located in Glenloy just 6 miles outside of Fort William at the foot of Beinn Bhan corbett. The lodge is on an Private Estate in the quiet serenity of a Glen full of history and wildlife – perfect for nature lovers and those who are seeking a more rural way of life with plenty of outdoor activity and fresh air! The estate is open all year round for guests seeking self-catering holiday accommodation. We have six lodges: four are short-let holiday rentals and two are residential (one is the owner’s house and the other is used for caretaker accommodation).
The holiday rentals comprise of the following:
- Maclean Lodge (3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, open plan living/dining/kitchen).
- Beinn Loy Lodge (2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, open plan living/dining/kitchen – terraced).
- Beinn Bhan Lodge (2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, open plan living/dining/kitchen – terraced).
- Frances’ Sketch Pad (studio – 1 bed, 1 bathroom, open plan living/dining/kitchen, 1 hot tub).
The residential lodges are as follows:
- Main Lodge – Owner’s home which comprises of 3 en-suite bedrooms, 2 non en-suite bedrooms, 2 stand-alone bathrooms, 1 games room, 1 open plan living/dining/kitchen, 1 pantry, 1 large basement with sauna/steam/storage/cellar, double garage.
- Campbell Lodge – staff house which is semi-detached with Maclean lodge and comprises of 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 1 open plan living/dining/kitchen.
- On the estate, there is also 1 water treatment shed and 1 equipment shed.
Things to consider if you are thinking of applying:
- We have no public transport connections nearby though there are taxi services in Fort William that come out to us. As well as driving, you can also cycle to and from nearby facilities/amenities.
- Local school transport does not currently come out to us. It does however wait about 2 miles away.
- We do not provide separate office space. Meetings are usually held in the owner’s home office and desktop work would be expected in your home, if not collaboratively in the owner’s office.
- You may be asked to house sit/sleep in the owner’s home to look after pets on occasions.
- Due to the nature of the role, you should expect to work closely and collaboratively with the owners and other housekeeping staff.
To apply, please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- An up-to-date CV focused on all relevant experience.
- A 1-page cover letter detailing relevant experience, reasons for applying, and current circumstances.
- Contact details for two references.
- Your salary expectations.
N.B. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. The anticipated start date for this role is April 2021. You may be required to complete some assessments during the application process.