Terms and conditions for Inverskilavulin Estate
Terms And Conditions
· All our properties are let on the understanding that the holiday house is to be used as a holiday let and therefore subject to Section 12(2) and paragraph 8 of Schedule 4 of the Housing (Scotland) Act 1988 as amended.
· A contract between you and the owner will come into existence when payment is received, and a booking confirmation is issued showing the confirmed holiday dates. The contract binds you and all the members of your party. It is your responsibility to ensure that all members of your party accept the terms of the contract set out in these terms & conditions of booking. Failure to disclose all relevant information or comply with these terms may lead to termination of the contract & loss of the booking.
· All bookings are provisional and conditional of our acceptance. We will send you an email confirming your booking which will then form part of a contract of the holiday let.
· A non-refundable 10% deposit of the accommodation can be paid at the time of booking as a minimum, if not the full amount. The remaining balance must be paid no later than 14 days before the commencement of your stay. If the balance is not received by the due date, then your reservation will be treated as a cancellation.
· Bookings made less than 14 days before the check-in date must be paid in full.
· All cancellations must be notified in writing. If you cancel your reservation more than 14 days before it is due to start, only 90% of the full reservation amount is refundable. If you cancel less than 14 days before your check-in date, then the full balance remains due and is non-refundable.
· We accept one reschedule of dates per reservation. Please note that the original payment date for instalments will remain unchanged if a booking is rescheduled. In the case of a reschedule, the total booking amount will remain unchanged or subject to price increases.
· Your booking will not be cancelled by the owner except in exceptional circumstances beyond control. Notification will be given of the cancellation as soon as possible and we will promptly refund all payments made for your reservation or provide alternative dates or lodges. Our liability for cancellation will be limited to payments made to us.
· We strongly advise that you take out comprehensive travel insurance to cover cancellations. If you choose not to, then you accept responsibility for any loss due to your cancellation.
· Gift Vouchers are only applicable for the lodge noted on the voucher.
· Vouchers can be used to contribute to the payment of a longer stay.
· Vouchers cannot be exchanged for cash.
· Gift Voucher Cancellations – We charge 50% of the total voucher value for cancellations up to 1 month prior to your arrival date and 100% thereafter. The rate used for your voucher is depending on the lodge and season of your booking.
· No subletting of the property (or any part thereof) is permitted without our express written consent and consequent sublet shall also be deemed to be a holiday let.
· Electric car (EV) charging. We have no facilities available on the Estate for EV charging. We forbid the charging of EVs via a regular three-pin plug into a domestic socket or using an extension lead without our consent. A penalty will be applied and you will be charged.
· The number of people occupying the property during the period of let must not exceed the amount stated at the time of booking without our express written consent.
· You must vacate the premises at the agreed departure time and date.
· The maximum number of persons using the accommodation at any time must not exceed the number stated in your confirmation. We reserve the right to terminate the booking without notice and without refund in case of a breach of this condition.
· No parties or events unless prior consent has been accorded for special occasions.
· We accept up to 2 dogs per unit. Please check with us for the current cleaning rate for your dog(s). We do ask that you let us know that your pet is coming with you beforehand. Please enquire if you have additional pet requests. Please note that we cannot guarantee the acceptance of other animal requests.
We respectfully ask for your attention to the following:
Please keep pets off the furniture.
Please do not leave pets unattended.
Please do not allow pets in the bedrooms, or on the beds.
Please keep your pet on a lead while walking in the estate.
Pick up your dog mess.
Please keep any dogs on a lead throughout the estate.
· Please do not move any furniture from one room to another.
· All inventory must remain in the property.
· Please make sure you switch off lights, heating, air conditioning or any electrical appliances when you go out – we run eco-friendly holiday homes.
· Damages and breakages – please treat the facilities & accommodation with due care so that other guests may continue to enjoy them. If you notice something is missing or damaged in your accommodation, please let us know immediately so that we can take the appropriate action. If there has been any damage or breakages during your stay, we would be grateful if you could report them promptly, especially before check-out. The accommodation will be inspected upon check-out and you may be charged for any loss or damage.
· We reserve the right to enter the property at any time to undertake essential maintenance or for inspection purposes. In the rare occasion, we may need to access the property during your stay, we will always ensure your privacy and provide notice where possible.
· You agree that the holiday let will be closed, locked, and left in a safe condition when unoccupied during your stay. You agree that owners and their staff will be allowed access to the property if required.
· Each lodge has its own parking places for 1-2 cars. If you have more than 2 cars or larger vehicles for us to consider, you must enquire first.
· If you have access to a hot tub with your accommodation, please ensure usage is in accordance with the hot tub terms and conditions. Failure to do so may result in additional charges or injury.
· The owner shall not be liable for any temporary defect or malfunction of any equipment, machinery or appliance in the building, grounds, or hot tub. We have maintenance contractors who will endeavour to repair anything that stops working during your stay as quickly as possible.
· The owner reserves the right to make a charge to cover additional cleaning costs if the client leaves the property in an unacceptable condition.
· If any keys issued are not returned at the end of your stay, then the cost of replacement will be charged to you. Please leave the keys in the door or key lockbox of your lodge on departure. Details for the lockbox will be provided on arrival.
Check-in & Check-out
· Check-in is between 3-5pm unless otherwise agreed.
· Check-out is 10am for Maclean, Beinn Loy and Beinn Bhan unless otherwise agreed.
· Check-out is 11am for Frances’ Sketch Pad unless otherwise agreed.
· This is an estate with other houses on the grounds so please be respectful of your neighbours and the maintenance of outdoor areas.
· Please respect the community and keep noise levels to a minimum, especially between 11 pm and 8 am.
· You agree to pay to us at least by your departure, if not earlier during your stay, any payment for extra services, loss or damage caused (beyond general wear and tear).
· Please do not wild swim anywhere on the estate.
· Please do not visit other lodges or surrounding areas unless you have the guests’ permission.
· We take no responsibility whatsoever for any damage, injury, or loss however caused by you or any member of your party during the period of your stay. We recommend obtaining personal holiday insurance to cover any potential damage, injury, or loss.
Hot Tub Policy for Beinn Bhan & Frances’ Sketch Pad only.
· Please shower before use. Hair, face, and body products should be washed off to avoid clogging the filters.
· We kindly ask guests who wear fake tans to refrain from using the hot tub. The tub water contains chlorine to keep our guests safe which also removes fake tan, which causes hard to remove stains on the tub.
· Please do not use the hot tub if you have ongoing skin conditions or other transmittable infections.
· Please do not allow children under 5 or pets to enter the hot tub.
· Please use swimsuits in the hot tub. Do not use any other type of clothing as fibres from such clothing can clog and damage the tub system.
· When removing the hot tub cover, please ensure all clips, on both sides, have been unlocked first and then the cover is folded into the secure stand.
· The secure stand should only be lifted up or down.
· When you are finished using the hot tub, please replace the lid on the tub and secure all clips back in place. This will ensure the cleanliness of the tub and that the heat remains at 40֯C.
· Please be careful entering and exiting the tub to avoid slipping. We leave rubber mats and slippers to minimise any such risks.
· We recommend that you limit your soaking time to 15 minutes as the temperature is kept at 40֯C.
· Please use the beige towels provided when drying after using the hot tub.
· Please only use plastic cups provided in the kitchen when drinking in the hot tub. Glass can seriously injure or cause death if in the hot tub.
· Do not leave any items around the hot tub such as glass bottles or others. The surrounding area of the hot tub should be always kept clear apart from what is already there.
· The hot water will amplify the impact of alcohol while you are in the hot tub. Please monitor your alcohol intake for your own safety.
· Please seek appropriate medical advice before entering the hot tub, especially if you are pregnant, have heart or lung-related issues.
· Should you be staying for longer than 2 nights, we may arrange a time and day with you to allow us to clean and refresh the hot tub.
· Please note that you enter the hot tub at your own risk.
· If you encounter any issues, please contact a member of staff immediately (details provided on your welcome note in the lodge).
· You will be required to sign these terms on arrival.
Types of data we collect
The data we collect about you and how we collect it will depend on what you are visiting or using our site for:
- If you join our mailing list we will use your email to keep in touch with news. There is a link to see what data we hold on you, and to unsubscribe at the bottom of every newsletter. We won’t spam you or pass your email address on to any third parties.
What Are Cookies
For more general information on cookies see the Wikipedia article on HTTP Cookies.
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of this site.
The Cookies We Set
Third Party Cookies
This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solutions on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit, so we can continue to produce engaging content. None of this information personally identifies you – it is more about identifying patterns so that we can improve your experience.
For more information on Google Analytics privacy, see the official Google Analytics page.
Hopefully, that has clarified things for you. However, if you would like to see what information we hold about you, or to delete you from our mailing list completely, or are still looking for more information then you can contact us through one of our preferred contact methods.
Go to Contact page